We're transforming our bakery into a cosy dining room for three weeks starting Thursday, June 9.
We’re coining it ‘Little Harvest’ and reservations are open now for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights until June 25. Join our new executive chef Lilly Trewartha and team as they work closely with local producers to create a special three-course menu using hyper seasonal produce and techniques that aren’t always possible in the restaurant.
You’ll be treated to three courses – with the main course showcasing a local protein roasted in the wood-fired oven, served family-style in the historic Harvest Bakery - the home of one of Australia’s oldest ovens, and a meeting place for the Newrybar village for over 120 years.
To dine at Little Harvest, make a reservation here on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights from June 9 - June 25. The dinner menu is $95 pp, with a menu of Australian wine and locally-focused cocktails available on the night.
To book a table, click below
The winners for the Newrybar Flood Relief Raffle have been chosen! There were heaps of local prizes donated by our generous local businesses in the area. All to help raise funds for the flood impacted community from the recent devastating floods.
We've raised over $11,500 to be donated with all funds going to The Northern Rivers Flood Relief Fund.
- Frances Ady - Two night stay at Harvest House, valued at $5,000
- Tamara Bell - Dinner for two at Gaia, valued at $250
- Susan Cooper - Surfboard from The Surfboard Warehouse, valued up to $700
- Ella Davies - Spa package for two from Crystalbrook Byron, valued at $510
- Debbie Pickles - Luther & Co gift voucher, valued at $200
- Nicholas Leaver - Newrybar Merchants gift voucher, valued at $250
- Mary Baltrop - Gemstone of your choice from Miško Jewellery, valued at $300
- Lori Bastane - Brookfarm Gourmet Hamper, valued at $100
- Amy Colli - Two private yoga sessions from The Yoga Social, valued at $240
- Janet Chester - Extravagant Harvest Hamper from Harvest Deli, valued at $165
- Kim Wilson - Two tickets for a Husk Farm Distillery Tour, valued at $80
- Janet K Moyle - Private massage from Ayupotheca, valued at $130
We feel for this community and are humbled by the opportunity to give back to our home. We intended for this raffle fundraiser to ultimately assist the incredible volunteers in rebuilding and recovering the land and the spirits of those who might not have the resources they need to start over. We feel we've helped raise a large sum of money for our local community and it was all thanks to our incredible local community, including those all over Australia.
See our original post here.
A Mother's Day gift, brimming with local treats for mum. Wrapped with love in the Harvest Deli.
Order this online now for PICK UP at Harvest Deli. Or call us on for a custom order. Please note, online orders need at least 24 hours notice for order placed online.
**NOTE, items in photo may vary from final selection.
We're excited to announce the Newrybar Easter Egg Hunt! We've teamed up with @newrybarmerchants to create an Easter egg hunt through the Harvest gardens, this Sunday from 10am.
BYO basket, and don't be late. Remember, the early bird gets the worm. More details at link in bio
Sunday 17th of April
10 am sharp! Don’t be late or you'll miss out!
Ages 7 years and below, meet in the Mini Village behind Newrybar Merchants
Ages 8 and above, meet on the Village Green below Harvest Deli
Come join in on the fun this Sunday!
The restaurant opening hours have been updated!
We'll be open for lunches Wednesdays -Sundays and dinners Fridays & Saturdays, as per normal operating hours.
The Harvest Deli will continue being open every day, operating on normal hours, serving coffee from 6:30 am, with doors open at 7:30 am for the deli.
Restaurant Trading Hours
Lunch + dinner
12 noon - 8 pm
Lunch + dinner
12 noon - 8 pm
12 noon - 2.30 pm
Deli Trading Hours
Open daily for coffee from 6:30 am
8 am - 3 pm
8 am - 3 pm
8 am - 3 pm
8 am - 3 pm
Enjoy the famous Harvest Hot Cross Buns in the comfort of your own kitchen this Easter weekend.
Makes: 30 buns
Harvest is running a raffle of local prizes to help raise funds for the flood impacted community. One lucky winner will win the ultimate hinterland experience including a 2-night stay at Harvest House located in the stunning hills above Bangalow, valued at $5,000, with multiple other prizes to be won, all generously donated by local businesses. To enter, dine in at the Harvest Restaurant and purchase a raffle ticket up until the end of April. The raffle will finish at the end of service on Saturday 30th April.
We feel for this community and are humbled by the opportunity to give back to our home. We intend for this raffle fundraiser to ultimately assist the incredible volunteers in rebuilding and recovering the land and the spirits of those who might not have the resources they need to start over. We can't wait to affect change, starting with you!
All funds raised will go to The Northern Rivers Flood Relief Fund.
- Two night stay at Harvest House, valued at $5,000
- Dinner for two at Gaia, valued at $250
- Surfboard from The Surfboard Warehouse, value up to $700
- Spa package for two from Crystalbrook Byron, valued at $510
- Luther & Co gift voucher, valued at $200
- Newrybar Merchants gift voucher, valued at $250
- Gemstone of your choice from Miško Jewellery, valued at $300
- Brookfarm Gourmet Hamper, valued at $100
- Two private yoga sessions from The Yoga Social, valued at $240
- Extravagant Harvest Hamper from Harvest Deli, valued at $165
- Two tickets for a Husk Farm Distillery Tour, valued at $80
- Private massage from Ayupotheca, valued at $130
Winners will be announced on May 1st.
3. Spread the word, share with your friends and family members!
-Must purchase ticket in person from Harvest Restaurant or online.
-You are able to purchase as many tickets as you like between 24 March - 30 April
-Harvest House Stay is redeemable for a stay of 2 nights for 2 guests only
-Winners must be 18 years of age
-Prizes are non-transferable or redeemable for cash value
Tickets will be available for purchase until close of business on Saturday 30th April. Winner will be announced on 1st of May.
As of March 2022, our opening hours across the Harvest precinct have been updated to the follow
Lunch | Wed. - Sun.
12 pm - 2.30 pm
Dinner | Wed. - Sat.
6 pm - 8.30 pm
7 days | 7.30 am - 3 pm
7 days | 6.30 am - 3 pm
We look forward to seeing you in Newrybar!
"Start by soaking of the beans for 24 hours if they are dried, less if they are fresh (ideally), and cook them in the same water. There’s a texture that comes off the water you soak the beans in, so don’t tip the water off. It’s almost a stock in itself. Add kombu and a slice of garlic and cook slowly, tasting until ready. (A couple of hours)
For this dish, I’ll use the water off those beans to make a sauce with roasted shells, tomato and fennel and so on.
I poach the meat from the crayfish for about 2 minutes in a broth of 60% butter, 40% rice wine or sake, but you can use white wine or water too. Let it sit in the broth after it’s cooked for an additional 10 minutes.
Spoon beans into middle of shallow bowl, lift lobster out of the butter, and place on beans.
Top with shaved heart of celery dressed liberally in a great quality olive oil. "